Grilled Vegetables in Foil
8 - 30 mins
18 - 40 mins
Herbs and/or Spices
1. Choose your favorite vegetables. Most vegetables can be grilled, but you will want to group together vegetables that have similar cooking times. Generally, soft vegetables such as tomatoes and mushrooms take less time to cook, and crunchy vegetables such as onions, ears of corn, beets, and bell peppers take longer.
2. About 30 minutes before you are ready to grill, light your Kingsford® Charcoal Briquettes.
3. Tear off as many large pieces of Kingsford™ Non-Stick Grilling Foil as you have groups of vegetables. Make sure each piece is big enough to enclose the vegetables completely.
4. Slice the vegetables and toss them in a bowl with olive oil and fresh or dried herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and basil. Add coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to enhance the flavors.
5. Wrap and seal each group of vegetables securely in its own sheet of Kingsford® Non-Stick Grilling Foil. To do this, lay the vegetables in a single layer in the middle of the dull side of the foil, and fold in each side of the foil. Do the same with the remaining two sides, creating a packet.
6. When the coals are white, cook the vegetable packet on the grill for eight to ten minutes. Use tongs or a pair of forks to flip the packet over, and continue cooking on the other side for an additional eight to ten minutes. Grilling times will vary depending on grill heat and type of vegetables you have in the foil packet. Tomatoes may take only eight minutes total to grill, whereas very hard vegetables such as some types of squash may take up to a half hour.
7. Unwrap the packets, being careful to watch out for steam. Spoon the vegetables onto a plate, and serve.
8 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
½ stick butter
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the grill:
- Light one chimney full of Kingsford® Charcoal Briquettes. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the grate. Set the cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Tear off eight large pieces of Kingsford® Non-Stick Grilling Foil and place them on a flat surface, dull side up. Position an ear corn in the center of each piece of foil. Put butter, salt and pepper on the corn and wrap the foil around the corn completely.
- Place wrapped corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, about 5-10 minutes on each side, turning occasionally, until all sides are charred and tender.
- Remove corn from grill and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
Grilled Zucchini with Lemon Butter and Garlic
8 medium zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to grill, light your Kingsford® Charcoal Briquettes.
- Score cut side of zucchini halves diagonally about ¼ inch deep at 1-inch intervals.
- Melt butter with lemon juice, lemon-pepper seasoning, oregano, curry powder, and garlic powder in a small saucepan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush seasoned butter on cut side of zucchini.
- When coals are white, place zucchini on grill and cook for about 12 minutes until charred on all sides and just beginning to soften.
- Then, if desired, arrange zucchini on grill, cut side up, and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Close the grill lid and cook until cheese just softens, about 1 minute.
- Remove from grill and serve.